Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gray is not grey


I am on another painting mission. This time I am looking for the perfect gray for the dining room. I looked at Lowe's and Home depot and came home with 8 test pots. I have a patchwork wall that looks fabulous and no clue which one to choose. One is brownish, one is blueish, one looks purple around 5 o'clock. Three look white, except when you hold it next to the baseboard. They all have great names--Manhattan mist, gravity, voyage, drizzling mist, pebble gray, silver leaf, polar star, and metropolis. I couldn't pick a color by staring at it on the wall, so I went for the coolest name and picked--gravity.

I got half of it painted, but still need a 2nd coat on the edges. Right now, it looks okay. I thought it had a browner base, but it looks blue. When it warms up, I'll finish and sit in it for a few hours. And then I'll be off to Lowe's for another gallon of another gray. That's just how I do it. Like v. love. I want to love the color when I walk downstairs. It's a hard thing for us non-designers. Last time I think I painted it 3x in 2 days. And then Mr said he didn't like it, so I painted it 2 more times.

I will post pictures tomorrow. Aren't you excited!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for pictures!!! Finding the right color of paint is really hard. I agree. You want to be able to LOVE the color around you because I think in a way it sorta expresses who ya are.

    ReplyDelete