Friday, January 22, 2010

The Chocolate Egg

This is a TMI story. Continue at your own risk.

Lulu and I were playing in my room the other day and she decided to climb up on my bed. As she was climbing, something fell to the ground. She looked down and this was our conversation.

Lulu: Drop it.
Me: Okay. Get down and get it.
Lulu: Oh, mom! Look, chocolate.

I figured it was some kind of tootsie roll or half chewed chocolate something. She brought it to me and I told her to not eat it because it was dirty. I would have told her to put it in the garbage can, but the last 3 times I had her throw something away, it ended up in the laundry hamper. Anyway, she put it on the dresser and went on her way. Probably 15 minutes later, I went to get a closer look and to throw it away.

I picked it up. It did not look like chocolate. I smelled it. It did not smell like chocolate. It was not chocolate. I took it and flushed it down the toilet and washed my hands. I was grateful that Lulu had not tried to eat it herself. I ran and found Lulu and washed her hands. I laughed and laughed. You wouldn't think so, but it made my day. Always an adventure with little Lulu.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! That's pretty gross! Haha. I'm really glad you didn't taste it. It's probably a REALLY good thing you didn't have her throw it away too. Haha.

    ReplyDelete