Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Round 2--gallon of paint / heart cakes


Mr. came home and didn't like the light gray. Which I already knew. I put up a dark color and he liked it. The truth is that drizzling mist was my first choice, but I thought it was too dark. It looks great wet and then it dries a little darker. I have to do the edges and a 2nd coat. So,this is the final color. I will not paint again until he goes on another business trip.


Car carts at the grocery store and hardware store are great fun. When there isn't one available, Lulu has a hard time dealing with it. She cried and cried when we couldn't find one at Lowe's. Luckily, we found the fire truck cart at Albertson's. I actually did some coupon shopping yesterday. I will definitely be under budget this week. Super bowl food will be pushed to next week's budget. I can do it. I will save some $$$ on my groceries.


Mr. still has jet lag. He couldn't sleep last night. I was sleeping soundly and woke up because of some noise downstairs. I rolled over and went back to sleep. Then I woke up again. I looked downstairs to see what was going on. He was watching a show and trying to hold in his laughs. You know, a muffled machine gun laugh. It travels pretty well when the house is nearly silent. At first I was mad and put a pillow over my head. I finally got smart and closed the door so I could sleep.


I made the girls heart cakes to decorate. They both did a good job. Lulu liked the frosting, but not the combination of cake and frosting. It's a lot less time consuming to make a cake rather than making dozens of sugar cookies, but we might end up making those too.

1 comment:

  1. Their cakes look awesome! That's great that you finally have your paint finalized and don't have to keep inhaling the fumes. Haha. Nice work on saving monies!

    ReplyDelete