Saturday, October 3, 2009

I bought a book

Not sleeping has been driving me crazy and I finally bought a sleeping book. It's called "The Sleepeasy Solution." Last night was the first attempt. She went down at 8:17 and cried until 8:43 and then she threw up. We had a crazy clean-up for 20 minutes and then put her back to bed. I gave her water in a sippy to calm her. She slept until 1:05 and I changed her diaper. She slept again, until 6:22 cried for a minute and slept again until 8:00. So, she was mad that she didn't get her milk, but she did a good job--except for the vomit. The book says it takes 5 days to set the routine. Well, she has surgery on Thursday, so it might not stick, but now I know what to do and how to do it.



I also bought "Making the Cut," by Jillian Michaels. I don't really care if I lose a lot of weight, I just want to be tone. Her workouts give me more weight lifting ideas and hopefully I will get some definition. I can't really run yet and her cardio is mainly 1 minute sprints. Her sprint speed in 7 on the treadmill--I should be able to handle that. I am excited to get going. 30 days workout and diet plan. I am supposed to take a before and after picture, but that might not happen. I did take measurements. Mr. said he would try with me, but I think that means not eating dessert and running once a week.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. I've got my fingers crossed for you that the sleep book holds the answer! Hopefully the ear tubes won't be too big of an adjustment for Lulu. We'll be thinking of you guys on Thursday.

    The Duckworths just moved into our ward a month ago or so. Finley is in nursery with us. How do you know them?

    ReplyDelete