Sunday, June 21, 2009

SummerBreak

Notice that there is no break. I had thought that we would lounge around the house for a few weeks, but that has not happened. We had kids to watch, kids to play, sprinklers to run through, pools to swim in, activities to attend, Father's day to prepare for, 2 families to visit, 6 cousins to play with, neighbors to walk with, neighbors to visit, bills to pay, books to read, and a few trips to the grocery store. I picked blueberries (abt 2 c.) out of our garden. Insert other everyday tasks. That was my week.

We did stay put most of the day on thursday, but that was so I could catch up on laundry and other things that needed to be done. Summer break it is and it is not. We only have a few things scheduled for the summer, but I am sure we will find a way to fill the time. Mimi is at Grandma's for a few days.

Today was kind of just like every other day, but it was Father's day. I tried to make the kids do things for their dad. Mimi picked a cake to be dad's present and she made him a poem. Lulu gave him a hug and a kiss. That was our festive father's day. We did do dinner with my family Saturday and his family today. I guess that counts.

Father's are special people. They add so much love to our homes. Daddy in our house is Lulu's favorite. She gets so excited when he comes home--imagine a fan fainting at the sight of their hero. We love our DADs.

No comments:

Post a Comment