Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just DO it

So I have been injured for a while now and I am not back to running form. I have decided that moving is important even if I can't soak my shirt with sweat. Dancing with Lulu is fun movement for both of us. Mimi likes to run circles inside the house, I could speed walk and chase her. I can take the stairs several times a day in my home. I can mop the floor and pick the garden. I can fold laundry and actually put it all away. I can give the baby airplane rides.
I can do lots of things.

I can no longer easily curl 25 's with each arm, but I can still do 15's. I can pick up my baby and snuggle. I can use her weight to bench press. I can pour milk for my kids. I can wash my hair and dry it with ease. I can do lots of things.

I still can't do push-ups. I can do sit-ups and plank poses. I can do jumping jacks. I can lift my knees and arms. I can do lots of things.

We had a discussion on Sat with my father. I kind of started it all. But we ended up with being grateful, pray, have hope, and love unconditionally. It is good to recognize weaknesses. We need to work to improve them rather than dwell on the " I can't." I enjoy talks with my family. They always seem to become a mini-sermon that is needed, not just on Sunday.

Mimi is coming home today. Lulu keeps saying, "Mimi, w'are you?" She loves her Mimi.

No comments:

Post a Comment