Monday, June 15, 2009

Perfect

Well, I have debating whether or not to talk about anything serious on this blog, but it is part of me and thoughts that have been racing through my mind for the last month or so.

We have a family friend who lost their baby after weeks of surgery and life support. She was only 48 days old and she was sedated most of those days. I had such sadness when I heard the news. I felt even more sadness as I read the mother's account of her loss. It made my body quake uncontrollably. I am sure these feelings are very similar to how my parents felt after their first baby died a few days after birth.

I have not experienced that loss personally, but I have felt so much love for me and for my friends from our Heavenly Father. I was told my baby was dead when I was about 7 months along. She was not dead, but I had to drive across town by myself praying that they would find a heartbeat. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father's plan is perfect for each of us. Our lives are not painless and our experiences are for our gain and can make us more compassionate. . All of our joys and sorrows and pain are known. We are not alone.

I am more grateful for my family, for my children, for my husband. I am truly blessed and I think I have a tendency to wish things were better rather than being happy with what I have. I have a baby who wakes up almost everynight. I am grateful for this because she used to wake up every night 3x or more. I am grateful that my husband has a job he likes. I am grateful to stay home with my kids. I can be a maid or I can be a mother. I need to choose to be a mother who also happens to clean the house.

So, this is a reminder for me to have a better attitude because life is good. There are more things to celebrate and be grateful for. Heath used to sign all of his mission letters, "Look on the bright side." I am not sure where he got that from, but that is a good motto for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary! I found your blog on Aunt Elaine and Uncle Terry's. Good to hear from you and I'm glad everything is benign.

    ReplyDelete