Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Excitement explained

About a month ago I was given some hush money after my husband bought a boat. I thought of the many things I could do with said money. At first my thoughts were all about me or the house and then I decided I wanted to do something to benefit the most people. My parents birthdays were coming up and I wanted to do something special for them. I wanted to send them on a trip, but that is hard to do secretly, especially with their work schedules. Anyway, I decided to bring the party to them. My little brother had not been home with his new wife, since their reception. It had been over a year and truthfully I never really got to talk to her, though we were in the same room for 3 hours. So I had them see if they could come when the semester at BYU was over. It worked better than I could have imagined.

The day I got them from the airport, I was so sure that my mom had found out. We went to her office and I walked in with them behind me. My appearance at her work is not unusual, but her expression on her face when she registered who was there, was priceless. They cried and hugged. Mission accomplished.

When we surprised my dad, he got the cutest joyful, little boy smile on his face. I was so thrilled. Both of my sisters helped with the surprise. My mom had said she wanted memories for her birthday, I am pretty sure that her wish was fulfilled. My parents are great, I love theme so much. I am glad that we were able to give them something that let them know how much we love them.

We had a great weekend and hopefully we will be able to do it again soon.

2 comments:

  1. What an excellent gift! Great idea! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for having us over. Here's to hoping we get back to WA sooner the next time!

    ReplyDelete