Thursday, April 9, 2009

The brownies and exercise

I made the brownies. Cooled them. Cut them. What do I discover? No paper plates. Blast. I guess I will just have to share them with my family. Maybe next week. The feeling was there, I guess that counts for something.

Baby is asleep and I actually exercised. Slim in 6 is a nice workout for those who can't run and jump around. It makes me sore and I love it. I also recommend the 30 day shred. Jillian Michaels does a great 20 minute workout. I haven't tried Power 90, but I hear it would kick my butt. When my back heals, I'll have to start on the elliptical and then work to a jog. I can't wait to lift again and do situps on the decline bench. I feel so weak. I guess I need more moderation in my workouts. I tend to go hard all of the time. More intervals and changing from 4-6 miles on the treadmill might save my joints. I don't know. I want to try to do the 1/2 marathon and beat my time, which shouldn't be hard, but maybe that isn't a good thing for my body. Start with 5K right?

When I workout, I have more energy throughout the day and I sleep better at night. I want to have energy and the ability to chase my kids and play sports with them. Exercising is my hobby. My husband thinks it is the only thing I want to do for fun. It is true that when I have free time during the day, that would be my first thing that I would do for myself. I should probably say read my scriptures, but that can happen with or without kids, so I don't have to plan that so much.

Oh, I did eat 2 brownies. They may have been large brownies, but I only ate 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment