Sunday, April 19, 2009

Date night

My sister volunteered to watch the girls yesterday, so we went on a date. First stop, the bank to deposit paycheck. Next, the walk-in clinic to get a note verifying that I need to see the physical therapist. Then we went for sushi. We wandered around town looking for a Papa John's that was still in business. The Gage and the Court St. restaurants had been closed. We were near an Albertson's, so I shared some of the magic with my hubby. I gave him a $3 off coupon and we went to work.

His list: 1 gal milk, sugar wafers, tostada kit, and 3 cans refried beans.
His price: $5 after coupon. Plus free loaf of bread from bakery--up to $3, and another $3 off next purchase.

My list: 1 gal milk, 4 cans of ref. beans
My price: $1 after coupon. Plus $3 off next purchase.

We ended up with $20 work of groceries for $3. The cashier said, "You're a smart shopper." My husband said, "This has got to be stealing." Its not, but sometimes it feels that way.

Finally, we found a pizza place and took the missionaries dinner and shared a cheese pizza with the kids at my sister's house. It was a busy date night, but we had fun. Better than a movie.

1 comment: