Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Carl is my new favorite person

I went to the physical therapist yesterday and I feel a whole lot better. My dad has said over and over again that the PT would actually help me. I am now a true believer. I would have never really thought that I was weak in the back and the abdominals, but I guess I am. I had been lifting 3x week, running 5x, and working abs 2-3 times a week so I thought I was pretty strong. Recently, I had only been running and I guess that is what caused some of my back problems. He also adjusted my hips and it was so incredible. The movement he caused without hurting me was great. Sometimes they work you so hard it hurts, but this guy had the touch. He gave me some exercises to do and I am going back on thursday. I am so excited.

The exercises (done at the same time)--kegels, belly button to spine, and contracting lower back by squeezing hip bones to spine. Hold for 5 seconds and repeat. Sets of 10. These can be done standing, sitting or lying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment