Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another bright idea

Lulu is not a sleeping princess. In fact, she can not sleep and still be a happy little girl. I, however, cannot be a happy girl without my sleep. But, I decided that if she wasn't going to sleep anyway, I would switch her to a big girl bed and let her cry it out. Bed rail, child-proof door knob, purple nightlight, and all.

This bed was supposed to be the answer to my prayers. HA!!!

We lasted 4 nights of not sleeping and the crib was resurrected. When I was putting it back together and I put her in the crib, she asked for the other bed. The big bed that she said she wanted to --"Throw it away. I don't like flowers."

We did 2 hrs of screaming last night. She pulled off the special door knob 3x. I don't know how she did it. I had a hard time taking it off when I wanted to. She finally fell asleep, but I slept with her. Bad, I know. She didn't ever wake up, but she was rolling all over the place and whining a bunch in her sleep.

So, tonight we are doing the crib-cry it out and hoping for the best. Poor Mimi does not like hearing her sister cry. I think I have one more sleepless night in me and then I might crack. Went to the urgent care and got some anti-biotics. I think that they might work better with sleep.

The other issue is she knows I will take her to the bathroom when she says, "PeePee potty." So she uses that to get out of the bed or to get a diaper change. We have gone through 3-5 diapers per night. She is going frequently on the potty, but not #2. She is the master manipulator and I am the sucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment