Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shopping spree

It has been a little over 4 months since I bought my last pair of running shoes, but my knees were beginning to hurt and I wasn't feeling much cushion anymore so I bought some new ones. I took Lulu to Runner's Soul and we ran around the store for at least 20 minutes. She chased me and I chased her and in the end I came home with a pair of Brooks Glycerin shoes. I took them to the gym last night and did a test run--clean run--so I could return them if they felt wrong.

Shoes make a huge difference. Mr. said some girls buy heels and you buy running shoes. I can tell when they are dead and need to be replaced, but I usually push an extra month or more and end up with soreness.

We went to Payless and got the girls matching sandals and Lulu a pair of princess tennis shoes. She had been wearing skechers that I knew were too small for her, but they still went on without a fight. Her old shoes were 7 1/2 and her new ones are 9s. Swimsuits jumped in our cart at Costco. They have some cute ones this year. Cinnamon rolls jumped in too, but they weren't as good as Cinnabon or even Rhode's rolls. However, the strawberries and raspberries did not disappoint.

The girls are still fighting the sickness. We are staying home today and hoping for the best. I love being home. Thanks to Mr., I get to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment