Wednesday, March 10, 2010

With Pineapple on Top

On the recommendation of many, we went to the Dole Plantation.
We fed the crazy koi

Ate the Dole whip (this picture is post dessert, Heath still has hair on top even though it doesn't look like it in this shot). This ice cream is also available by the Tiki Room at Disneyland.
When we entered the gift shop, we were given a coupon and "won" some discounted jewelry. It was still a little pricey. Hopefully, our mothers will like it.
I had heard that pineapple grows on top of the plant like a flower, but it was still crazy to see.




4 comments:

  1. Love me a Dole whip! At the plantation or at Disneyland! You should try Matsumotto's shaved ice in Haliewa too. With the beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that pineapples grew from a plant. I always though they were in trees like coconuts. Wow, I feel like I should have known better. Oh how I love Dole whips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are varieties that grow on trees. There was a tree at our hotel that I swear had pineapple growing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at the pineapple plant, too! How can that plant hold up a heavy pineapple like that? Crazy.

    ReplyDelete