Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Last Hurrah

With one day of freedom before school starting, we set out to have a fun family night. Our first stop was the mini golf course. Lulu had her own ball and placed it in the cup on most holes. She liked the water slide and sent her ball for several rides as we finished the hole. She also threw her ball into the lake, thinking that it would get shot back to her just like the slide. We let her throw her balls down the tubes so we'd know which one to aim for. Mimi had her best game so far. She is getting more patient and trying to aim instead of just hitting it. She wanted to play another game. I won by 3 strokes...I think I won last time too. Mr. was a little miffed. He kept score and somehow forgot to score 3 holes so he gave us each 2 strokes. Hmmm. I wonder what the real score was.

After golf, we went to dinner. It was not good. Little taco shop off of Kennewick Ave. Sorry lady. It was not good. Should have gone to the Taco Bell next door.

My prize for winning was a stop at Baskin Robbins. Girls got bubble gum ice cream. I got outrageous Oreo--not recommended. I finished my scoop before Mr. got his "most expensive thing on the menu" shake. He likes to eat that way wherever we are. I go dollar menu and he tries top on the line. Balance.

Last stop on our trip was feeding the ducks. Mr. had never been with us before. I brought a whole loaf of freezer burned bread. Mr. wanted it to not take to long, so I tossed big chunks and then he was chastising me for throwing too large of pieces. I can't win. He had more fun than the girls, I think. Of course, he would never admit that.

We had a lovely evening. Mini golf is fun for everyone. Ice cream is good. Ducks are always hungry.

2 comments:

  1. Your writing style is awesome! I can totally hear your voice while I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I didn't know you were blogging for yourself now. Fantastic! Maybe it was supposed to be a secret. Glad you had a good last day of summer break. We did the same which involved bowling, Cousins restaurant and you can't beat a trip to Wally World. We should have combined efforts - golfing sounds more fun.

    ReplyDelete