Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Vacation without a camera

Lulu's dogs that like to go everywhere



Coolin Beach






The Cabin


I put the camera in the truck so I would always have it with me and guess what? I never took it out until we were packing up to go home. Yet another picture-less post. This is what happened, good and bad. I'll add pics later.

We went to Priest Lake for a week. The yearly family reunion on Mr.'s side hit it right as far as weather was concerned. He took his boat for the first time this year and was greeted with, "You have a boat?" Truth is, it is a used boat that did not cost an arm and a leg--it was bought with our tax return $. If you drive old cars, you can get an old boat. So, yes there is a boat at our house and he will take you for a ride if you ask.

The boat blew a hose and had to sit for 2 days. That was fun. Poor guy. Had to drive to Coeur D'Alene 2x for parts. Not any major damage, it just took time. I think he had fun anyway.

I actually went swimming in my new flashy swimsuit--rather than just tanning. It was fun to play with Lulu in the water. She was so happy. Mimi was with the big girls in the water and got to go tubing. She is getting so big.

Food is always trouble for me. No vegetables for days makes me feel ill, but this time it may have been the flu that was going around. I felt sick on Wed and was really sick Thurs/Fri. But it went away fast and we were off to Silverwood Friday afternoon. The rides at Silverwood stink, but the water park was fun for us. I think that I will not go back there unless someone else is paying.

We rented 8 movies during the week. We watched them in the evenings and it gave the girls some entertainment and us a break after being in the sun all day. I know, too many movies. I had no energy. It was kind of amazing. I never exercised or went on a walk. That means I was exhausted. It didn't help that Lulu didn't want to sleep the first few nights.

I was hoping that this year would be different and the vacation would feel like fun and not so much work. It was about 50/50, so that's pretty good. Love the time with family, but didn't get a lot of visiting in. Can't believe I missed the famous popcorn balls.

Back to life and laundry. Got to love post-vacation recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment