Thursday, August 20, 2009

When Ducks Attack

My friend and I took our kids to the park to play and feed the ducks. We went to the ducks first and it was a sight. They had not been fed yet this morning and they were all very hungry. The last time we went, it was in the late afternoon and they had obviously been fed all day long because they hardly paid any attention to us. Today they all swarmed once they saw the bread. The kids fed a few pieces of bread and then hopped into the cars. Lulu and I fed them for 10 more minutes. She wasn't aware that they were closer than they should have been. She started chasing them too. It was funny. Those seagulls have some mad skills. They are the birds you have to watch out for.

We took the kids to the playground of dreams and the sprinkler park. To top off the day, we had a picnic with shaved ice for dessert. Reminds me of my days at the RV park in Moses Lake. Mimi is a good sport and a good sister. She takes care of Lulu and loves her as much as anyone could. Mimi was happy to finally get to play with a non-cousin friend. Cousins are great, but not the same in her mind. I was grateful to have a friend to play with too. It seems that I have shut myself out of the loop this summer. Maybe things will get back to normal once school starts.

I went to Costco last night and had a Sonic care toothbrush in my cart, but I put it back. Is it really worth getting one. I will have to ask my dentist friends.

1 comment:

  1. YOU HAVE A BLOG!!!! How in the heck did I not know? Well now I'll have to catch up for all the commenting I missed out on. Glad Heath cleaned the house, occasionally Jon cleans too but its never quite finished. You need to teach me how to coupon, cause I always spend TOO MUCH on groceries.

    ReplyDelete