Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sleeping with my eyes open

It really doesn't make sense, and it shouldn't. Little Lulu has another ear infection and I am sleeping with her in my bed most of the night. The problem is she is not sleeping. She is screaming and watching movies. I try to sleep with the sheet over my head. I rest, but I don't sleep. Argh!!! Three nights in a row. Less than 3 hours of sleep each night. Last night, she woke up at 11:30 pm, went back to sleep at 4:45 am, and up for good at 6 am.

It would be generous of me to say that she has slept through the night 2x a month since she was born. Very generous. I am taking her to the ENT and hoping that she will have a good answer. If not, we are going to get some allergy testing done. I don't know how she can be as happy as she is when she doesn't sleep. She does have a nasty streak that comes out when she is exhausted. Today is the third day on meds, she should start feeling better.

She has been one ball of sick this whole year. That explains why I groan, "Fine," when you ask me how I am. I am one ball of tired.

2 comments:

  1. Ear tubes solved our ear problems for good. I feel your pain...ear infections are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... I am so sorry. There's a reason sleep deprivation is a form of torture, it makes people crazy! I hope that things get figured out soon! Poor little Lulu.

    ReplyDelete