Monday, August 17, 2009

Walking in the dark

My sister called me last night and we went for a walk in the dark around my neighborhood. Our half hour turned into 1.5 hours of walking and chatting, we didn't walk the whole time. Our chats haven't happened as often as they used to. This summer has been filled with activity and little down time without sickness. I love my sisters and their kind hearts. We are all weird and we get along well.

We went boating with the in-laws and had a good time. The boys did some form of tube wars that was hilarious to see. The kids ate cookies so the parents could have a good time too. The little girls chased each other around and around. They will have lots of fun together as they get older.

Grandpa and Grandma watched the grand kids so we could do sealings in the temple on Thursday. It was neat to be together doing something so special. We went to dinner after and laughed and ate and then ran home to save Grandpa. He was a great sitter. Lulu found some markers and colored all over herself. That is why we don't let her use markers at home. She hasn't colored the walls yet, but I am not going to risk it.

Mimi got her teacher for 2nd grade assigned. I am not a teacher requester, so I am not sure if she is a good one or not. I was told all of the 2nd grade teachers are good, but who knows. School starts on the 31st. I can't believe the summer went by so fast.

Mr. got a new calling. He is the ward mission leader. He said that makes me a ward missionary, but I haven't received that calling. I will play dumb until something official happens. A guy in the bishopric said it's the worst calling ever. Woo Hoo!

My brother had a baby--10 lbs 2 oz. She was large and I am sure it was shocking for the mother. We are going to visit today and check out the "newborn who looks like a 2 mo old." I hear she is cute and all is well. We mothers know how quickly "all is well" can change.

Another boring post. Sorry if you read this. My original title was "This might be true." The plan was to spin wild tales and throw in a smattering of truth. Things are about to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment