Thursday, May 21, 2009

Albertson's escapades--Save a ton


I knew there were doubles in yesterday's paper, so I went to a coffee shop and bought 4 Tri-City Heralds. Then I took them to my sister to show her how to use her doublers. We went to the store together with 4 kids under 4 years old. That was crazy, but the savings was worth it.


I ended up spending $10.98

saving $67.00


We had so much fun, we took the loot home and went out again. This time we watched each other's kids so we could go faster and make sure we got everything we wanted. This time I had 3 sets of doublers.


Spent: $3.78

Saved:$48.00


One receipt said $0.06!!!


1 pkg orbit gum

1 bottle bubbles

2 pkgs hot dogs

1 tube colgate

1 toothbrush


This coupon stuff is fun. There are a lot of deals out there. Yes, I have more than 10 boxes of cereal, 15 boxes misc crackers, 8 brownie mixes, 5 cake mixes, 30 chocolate candy bars for s'mores, 6 bottles of BBQ sauce, and lots of other storage type food. I had to get over the idea that stockpiling was bad. It was hard at first, now I just shop the deals and am grateful for all the savings.

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of Heath's cousins, by the way. I see you are enjoying couponing. Can you give me some suggestions for getting started? Do you have some favorite websites?

    ReplyDelete