Friday, November 6, 2009

Jury Duty

I am in the midst of a 2 week jury duty. I have called in 2x and had to attend once. I was juror #16 and got put in the box for a while, but I was released. The case would have lasted until Thanksgiving at least, so it is kind of nice that I got kicked off the jury. It was all interesting for me because it was my 1st time ever. An unnamed cousin got put on the jury. She said it would be a vacation of sorts for her.

They asked questions that I thought were not particularly good at weeding out people and it seemed like it was going to drag on forever, but then they started the back and forth of choosing the jury. I must admit I was a little disappointed when I got let go. However, a few hours later when a migraine set in and I started dry-heaving, I got over the disappointment pretty quickly.
And last night, Lulu had a fever and didn't sleep well. I guess she never sleeps well, but she had a reason this time. Now I have to decide if I need to take her to the doctor or not.

I have 2 more call-ins left on my duty. My sisters have volunteered to be on-call. The best part is I got the mail yesterday and guess what was in there??? Mr.'s summons for jury duty. Service to start Dec. 28, 2009. Won't he be excited when he gets home!!!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you can get some pointers from "12 Angry Men" or "Jury Duty." That should help.

    ReplyDelete