Monday, November 23, 2009

I Cry!!!

Lulu has started saying, "I cry," when she is sad or has an owie. She is not always crying at the time.
Last night, rather, this morning, she woke up and whined,
"I cry. Pee pee, potty, I cry." I went in her room and told her I would change her diaper.
And she said, "No, I cry, pee pee, potty, no diaper."
So, I brought her little potty into her room and put her on it.
"No, potty in there." (pointing to the bathroom)
We took the potty and her little bum to the bathroom and she sat for a moment and then she was all done.
Well, she didn't do anything. So I put her diaper back on and she started to cry. I took the diaper off and told her that if she needed to go, she should sit on the potty.
We talked for a few minutes and then she wet on the carpet.
I told her she did a good job, but next time use the potty.
She did not get a candy.
On went the diaper, Mr. got her a towel to dry up her mess and then she was awake. We watched 10 minutes of Mickey and she went back to bed.

Mimi didn't ask to use the potty until she was almost 3. I took her often, but she never asked. My MIL said one of hers was trained before 2 years, I can't imagine that. We will have to get her a big girl bed so she can get up and go. Does that mean she is not a baby anymore?


I CRY TOO

I am not sure if I ever make any real sense when I teach a lesson. As soon as I cry, my mind goes out the window. I look at my notes/script and I can't find my place. I get so stressed out, my pits get sweaty and my heart races. I am one of the youngest in RS too, so that is a little intimidating.

Beyond all that, I am so grateful that I had the chance to teach. I needed that lesson and a new perspective. The thought that hit me hard was the idea of Waking Up and using-- DAILY, the safety equipment Heavenly Father has given us to save our souls--prayer, scriptures, testimony, FHE, the Holy Ghost.

After an awful, sleepless night, I didn't want to wake up, but I needed to. I laid in bed for a while and it was like a voice shouted "Wake up!" A few minutes later while I was reading my scriptures, I had a thought peacefully come to my mind..."and go home." If we wake up our souls and pray, read scriptures, share our testimony and serve others we will be doing what we need to do to go home to our Heavenly Father. So, that is what I learned--WAKE UP AND GO HOME!!!

2 comments:

  1. "Wake up and Go Home!" - I love that!

    I always feel like I start to ramble when I'm teaching a lesson and then no one understands where I'm going. Haha. And don't you love when inspiration hits out of no where. It makes me happy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lillie says "I crying" when she's trying to make sure that we realize that her fake sobs are real. Ha ha. So funny. We've had quite a few pee spots on our carpet lately from potty attempts. Haven't been successful, I'm not sure how to have that break through.

    Thanks for sharing your insight. It was good for me to hear!

    ReplyDelete