Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mimi the fish and other animal madness

Mimi is in swim lessons and would swim all day if she could. I am sure this not unusual, but for our little girl who would rather sit and read or watch a show or play on the computer, this is a great thing. She has had two years of lessons and is on level 4. She can swim the length of the pool down and back and tread water when she needs a break. She has so much fun swimming. Mimi finished reading a 4 book "Fudge" series and is moving on to her next set. I need to get her some magic treehouse books and see if she likes those.

Lulu is practicing her animal sounds and prefers to say them rather than the animal's names. She is learning a lot of new words and is starting to say "Please," and "Thank You," more often. She is a good example of being grateful and having good manners in our home.

At 19 months, she can do a lot of things and can follow some complex directions. She uses words and makes up her own signs to help us know what she wants. She is interested in washing her hands whenever she is in the bathroom. She loves to sing her own songs and dance to the music. She is a lovey girl and gives hugs to most people. She likes to watch anything with Mickey Mouse. She loves dogs and cats. She knows to pick the red tomatoes in the garden. She has discovered the sweetness of watermelon. Lulu is such a fun girl, with or without sleep, she keeps her sense of humor and makes us smile.

Mr. is boating and playing softball when he has some free time. He deserves the break and enjoys being active.

I ate my first non-liquid meal today. It didn't hurt at all, so I am on the mend. I got to go to church today too. We had dinner with some friends/cousins. I do love visiting with family and friends. I need to try again to get my house in order and germ free, so we can host more often. We have the space, so I need to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment