Sunday, July 12, 2009

The kissing disease

Just a note to everyone who is smarter than I am. If you suspect that your child's sore throat is more than just a run of the mill illness, refrain from kissing, sharing your cup, sharing your dinner, or anything else for a few days.

I am so glad that Lulu is feeling better, but now I've got it and it is miserable. The doctor put me on antibiotics and vicodin. If I don't leave the house or get it cleaned this week, at least I have a reason. I thought the Dr. would tell me it was strep. White patches on the throat and crazy swollen glands and even swollen gums. He said strep is red spots. WebMD begs to differ and if you look up their strep slide show, that is exactly what my throat looks like.

Heath thinks he's getting it too. I told him to eat whatever he wants now because in a week or so he won't be able to eat anything. Yesterday I had a strawberry slush from Sonic and by the end of the the day it was only half gone. I hurt that badly. Today I had ramen noodles and yogurt and water. I am so tired and actually not hungry. Hopefully baby will sleep and I will be well by wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment