Saturday, January 15, 2011

Re-establishing a due date

They did it. A big deal, no. Possible, not really. This baby has been measuring small. Enough so, that they changed the due date without telling me. So I decided to to tell the doctors like it is.

When trying to have a baby, one has to pay attention to a few things and see spouse. With the due date change, we have the miracle of an immaculate conception. You see, I would not know all of these no-later-than dates had there not been a few significant events-- i.e. 10 k race on the 17th of July and a broken collarbone on the same day. Also, a family reunion 2 weeks later. Collarbones do not heal in 2 weeks = no seeing spouse.

I can give them a week. No spring break due date. Foiled again.

Best question an OB can ask: "Are you a control freak?" Many choice words ran through my head, but all I said was, "No." Obviously, we have a close relationship. And I get my way all the time.

1 comment: