Thursday, April 22, 2010

Potty time

Mimi 32 months

I have decided to actually train the little one. She has been going before bed and baths, but I haven't really tried during the daytime. We went to Wal-Mart and stocked up on starbursts and mini Reese's cups. I put the treats in a bucket so she could carry it with her when she goes to the potty. We also got a wiffle ball and bat, a movie, and a plastic watering can. These prizes are for all day dryness and #2. Mimi had an awful time with that. We got some princess panties--not pull-ups. We are set.


So far she had gotten 5 pieces of candy in 15 hours. She was wet when she woke up. Thank heavens she had a diaper on. She usually wakes up dry, so I think she might be ready for all of this. She just ran away. I better chase her just in case she is trying to find a quiet corner.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - My neighbor just threw her daughter a potty party - it was so fun!

    One thing that works good for #2 is this stuff called Flarp....It is a playdoh sized container with some gooey stuff in it that you squish around with in it's container to make toot and fart noises (sounds bad), but it is so fun and comes in pink - plus it keeps little ones distracted while they sit on the potty and wait. I saw it at Fred Meyer...

    ReplyDelete