Friday, April 23, 2010

Gym Ninjas

bodyblade.com

It is always entertaining, watching people at the gym. There are mirrors everywhere, which makes it easy to people watch--undetected. Yesterday was a special day. First, a guy came in with nunchuks--weighted balls on rope. He was swinging them around and jumping around. Then, in walks a guy with a bow staff. What? In my research, I learned that it is actually a body blade. You hold the center of the flexible blade and shake it. Or if you are a gym ninja, you pretend that you are fighting with the nunchuk dude while you shake it. It appears to be a similar workout to the "shake weight." I am sure it works, because they were really sweaty afterward.

I have also seen a body builder version of Vanilla Ice. He always wears a spaghetti strap tank top and likes to do posing while he pretends to stretch. When he leaves, he puts on a sweatshirt that has the neckband cut out and 3/4 sleeves.

There's a cute lady that must be 85+ who always has red lipstick on and some sort of bow in her hair. She is very frail looking, but she is strong.

Thank you, Gym Ninjas, for adding some joy to my workout. Because of you I beat my mile time. 6:58. Woo hoo!






4 comments:

  1. That's an amazing mile. Jon and I ran today about a mile and we were dead. But I've decided I could really do this running thing if I was racing Jon the whole time and if it was around a track. Tredmills kill my hips/knees. I also enjoy people watching as I run. I saw some girl doing an ab workout with a body stick thing today I can't imagine it was much resistance. Wish I could have seen the numchucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing them talk about all the ways they eat tuna fish and eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome visuals described here. As a gym patron, I know whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis! It reminds me of the "Real Men of Genius" commercials. They could do something like "Mr. show off your muscles in the gym guy."

    ReplyDelete