Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Concert and IKEA

While all the girls are going to Wicked, Mr. and I went to see Pearl Jam. They were amazing. Sometimes live shows don't live up to your expectations, but they did not disappoint. They played 5 or 6 new songs and tons of old stuff that everyone sang to. We stood almost the whole show--clapping, singing, dancing. Okay, not so much dancing.

We got to people watch. I thought there would be a lot of crazies at the concert, but most of them were nicely dressed 25 -40 year olds. There were a few 55-65 y.o. that were grooving more than the others around them. The ticket said no cameras, so we didn't bring one. Of course, everyone else did. So, no pics. Mr. got a shirt and I got a bottle of water. It started at 7:30 and ended at 11 pm. I must admit that I yawned a few times. When 10:00 hit, I knew it was bedtime. I would go see them again.

We went to the outlet mall at North Bend on the way to Seattle and bought nothing. That's a good thing because IKEA took us for all we were worth. It was fun for the first hour and a half and then we were both tired and hungry, but we pressed on. We went to IKEA in San Jose 4 years ago and didn't buy anything.

When we got home, I put together 1 bookshelf and then Mr. came and helped. We have 3 things left to put together. I am excited about the purchases. I am starting a list for the next time we go. Hopefully I can get a side job to support this habit.

My sister took care of the girls and they seemed to have a great time. Lulu, the non-sleeper, slept pretty well and K said she would do it again. It was fun to do stuff just the 2 of us and know that the girls were having fun too. This was probably only the 2nd time we had gotten away just the two of us. I highly recommend it.

P.S. Don't mind the Wicked intro., I would go to that too.

2 comments:

  1. We are going to the show in Portland this Saturday. Glad you guys had fun! (Our trip is going to be too short to go to IKEA but I love it there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you guys! I can't wait to see your IKEA finds!

    ReplyDelete