Thursday, September 10, 2009

Paintings du jour

I've been watching HGTV hoping to get some inspiration for home decor. My house is not decorated at all. We have blank walls almost everywhere and we were finally fed up with it. Our home is more like a rental. I have painted a few walls, but there is very little hanging on those walls. Mr. gave me the green light to decorate. In fact he said something like, "This place is so boring. You need to decorate." Well, I went to Craft Warehouse, TJ Maxx, and Michael's and got a few things, including canvases.

Sometimes I see artwork and think, "I could do that." SO these are my artwork attempts. I really like the 2nd one better than the 1st, but I like them both. Neither were hard and in fact, they only took about an hour. I'm not sure where either will hang, but at least I'll have something on the wall.





5 comments:

  1. Oooohh, I like, I like! I like both for sure, but I think I like the 1st better than the 2nd. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! I tried to copy a painting out of a pottery barn magazine once... it's sitting in the back of a closet half finished. So I know how difficult it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, Mary! I like your blog. You are a good writer. Nice job mixing up sentences lengths and repeating phrases with slightly different meanings throughout a post. Love, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I know you'll read this, even though it doesn't relate to this post. How do you know the girl on "That Wife"? Was she a college friend? Her sister, Naomi, was my first roommate in college. We had a one week class together, and I have just recently started e-mailing her once in a while. She is awesome. So who is "That Wife"? Of course, you can call to answer that. It's a Frandsen, I'm positive, 99 per cent at least. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE both of these! You are good!!! If you can't figure out where to hang them in your house, bring them on over! :)

    ReplyDelete