Monday, November 22, 2010

Announcement, of the birthday variety

There are 2 weeks until my birthday. Consider yourself warned. I am expecting something great this year. Hint, hint. I know Mr. looks at this blog, so that is for him. I will be 31.

Last night, as I watched NKOTBSB perform at the AMA awards, I realized that I haven't changed much in the last 20 years. I used to watch all of the music award shows and all of the miss america pageants and I still have to at least check out the music awards. I avoid the pageants, unless Mimi spots one and asks to watch the talent portion.

I remember going on a road trip with my mom and grandparents to Idaho and listening to NKOTB the whole way--on my mini-boombox (not even a walkman) with headphones. I think I was 10, maybe younger. I used to be able to sing every word of every song on the radio. I loved Debbie Gibson too. I still like to sing to the radio and encourage my little ones to dance in the car. Music is fun. We all need to dance a little more--even if we have no rhythm.

So, that is my birthday request. Sing and dance at the store or in your car. Make people laugh or let them stare. Maybe they will join in. This is especially great on Black Friday. I guarantee you will be smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment