Monday, August 2, 2010

What's the answer?

Sometimes we have deep conversations at my childhood home. My father asked me what I do all day and figured that I am under-utilized. He asked if I had any causes. Well, I told him my cause was to inspire people to run and lift weights. That's not a cause I guess, but I do think a lot of mothers would feel better and actually enjoy it if they tried. He mentioned something about joining the Tea Party. What do I do all day?

Today: BY 2PM
Laundry
Dishes
Cleaned a couple dirty bums
Ran 5 miles, lifted
Grocery shopping
Picked and watered garden
Lunch
Math with Mimi
Draw with Lulu

Later:
More laundry
Dinner
Dishes
Shower
Naps--fold laundry

What should my cause be?

2 comments:

  1. i will be sure and show this to your dad. love,mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I have often thought this after becoming a mom. What is the purpose of my life besides having kids? And I'm not sure this is right, but I decided that the only thing we can take with us in the next life is knowledge, so I decided to learn how to do new things. That's when I took up sewing, quilting, photography and cooking more than just casseroles. I chose these things because they are things I can do with little ones at home. Eventually I think I will enroll in college classes and branch out. Or take refreshers in math, sciences, history, writing, etc.

    You could learn something new or have another baby because then you don't have those thoughts. I'm just trying to get through every day and stay sane doing it. Ha!

    Let me know what causes you decide on because I can add them to my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete