Sunday, December 13, 2009

I want a TV in my room




It's true that Mimi has not told us anything she wants for Christmas this year, but I didn't expect her to tell Santa she wanted a TV. I am sure he won't be bringing her one. She said if she doesn't get her own TV maybe she would take the one out of the toy room. The one in the toy room is almost 10 years old, we bought it on our way home from our honeymoon--I think. It will be staying there until she is big enough to carry it up to her room by herself, which means never.

Lulu kept yelling, "Santa, Santa." We didn't practice what to say, but I whispered to Santa that she wants a kitty. I am pretty sure she won't be getting a kitty from Santa, but a girl can dream. She took her treats and danced around. She didn't even care about her cinnamon roll after she spied Santa. My memory of Mimi at her 2nd Christmas is that she would say "Duntda" for Santa (she was 18 mos.).

A little girl followed Santa to the room where he changed after the party. She yelled out, "Scott Haws is Santa. Look, Scott Haws is Santa." I think she is almost 5. It was really funny.

4 comments:

  1. I remember wanting a tv in my room for many years. It never happened. I was glad when there was finally a tv downstairs because then Julee and I would stay up late watching movies every once in a while after mom and dad had gone to bed. We were so rebellious! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That's too cute! I can't wait to have kids to take to Santa. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the "Duntda" phase. In fact, Spongebob was also named "Duntda," if my memory serves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids asked Santa for things they won't be getting, either. Do you have Emily's address? I have a card for her but no address. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete